Pirates are Cool.

Captured bits of life... Pirates at no extra cost. Arrrg. Also cool: Zombies, Aliens, Ninjas, Dinosaurs, Vikings, the Noble River Horse, the Sinister Octopi, Robots and Kittens.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Good lord it's finally over

Last week when Dr. Hutchinson called me up and asked if he could stay the weekend, I didn't think too much of the possibility of me over extending myself. I was all for the idea. Get to hang out play a game or two of risk... good times.
What I failed to take into account was just how many other things I had already commited myself to for that weekend. Thursday: Pot luck dinner at my house - block event. Degreded into eating apple crisp and playing duck hunt. Friday: Ride teh TTC across the city, meet Lucas downtown. Find Hutch. Walk. Walk some more. Buy some comic books, the walk, then get a potato burrito, then ride the TTC across the city again. Walk to go and get doritos. Watch movie. Saturday: Another pot-luck event - J-Bo's murder mystery. As mentioned, Evan did it. Please note that this involves two more trips across the city on the TTC. Sunday: Chili plus Risk at gavin's house. Walked there in the downpour, then walked home. Foot very tired by this point, somewhat sore. Monday: Chas arrives, we play a game of Risk. Then, back on the TTC for a trip across the city, see the Mars Volta and the Red Hot Chili Peppers play live, and another trip across the city. Tuesday: chas goes home, hutch goes to second concert. I stay up to let him in the house. Wednesday: hutch goes home.
I'm tired after all that. Its not all drinking and falling over kind of fun, but its still fun. And with a broken foot, all that walking really took it out of me. I'd say I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend, but I've got four invitations already.
Man, it's like all of a sudden those boring days filled with trailer park boys seem so appealing. But when i was there, all I wanted wa something to do. Seems I need to find me a happy medium.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home