Pirates are Cool.

Captured bits of life... Pirates at no extra cost. Arrrg. Also cool: Zombies, Aliens, Ninjas, Dinosaurs, Vikings, the Noble River Horse, the Sinister Octopi, Robots and Kittens.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Ouch, curse my ability to see the future!

Okay, this post doesn't actually have anything to do with seeing the future. Well, damn, now that I mention it, how can I avoid mentioning that I did see the future again once this summer? Ooohh... mystical powers! I only wish that I could see something useful before it happens. Honestly, as far as seeing the occasional spot of the future, you'd think that every now and again it might be something profound, not useless like kicking a peice of dirt around. Stupid useless precognative ability. Some fuckin' X-Man I am.

On that note: summer is in fact over. Despite the single instance of seeing the future (I feel like a dolt when I say that - but if you know me well enough perhaps I've told you about my great-grandmother and why you should still take it seriously, whether you believe me or not) it was actually pretty good in the end. At the time, it seemed a little like that extra year of high school - sort of useless, but still entertaining. I thought I had nothing left to learn at Presqu'ile. Turns out I was wrong - I had a lot to learn, its just none of it had to do with me. Give up the old self-centered education... learn a thing or two about friends!

I had some good times in the end. I even wrote a song about Godzilla (for very good reasons other than the fact that Godzilla is awesome). It was popular amongst the childrens. I had some great success with a group of kids I thought were impossible to deal with. I had more fun in my time off than I think I ever had. I could sit here and type endless stories about camp, but I doubt you actually care all that much since a) you were there and don't need ot hear it or b) you weren't there and probably wouldn't understand. Oh the esoteric cult that is created out of telling stories of summer camp.

In short, I will miss it, but I am not planning on returning for any extended period of time. James Blue be damned, this time I mean it.

In other news I spent $288.31 on novels today. Oh, and a study edition of the Qur'an, too. One of these novels in Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy. I started reading it as I ate some pizza. A few chapters later I realised that the early part of this novel, at least, is defined by the same event every chapter. The Kid goes to a bar and then somebody dies (read: is killed). The offhand way that violence is presented is bad enough, but the complete apathy on the part of all the charaters, the attitude they take towards it is almost disturbing. I know its a novel meant to illustrate a point, but didn't people fell remorse in the old west? Its a little disturbing.

Oh yeah, by the way, I'm back in scarborough, once again I have not a lot to do, and so, here I am. Blog. Arrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home