Pirates are Cool.

Captured bits of life... Pirates at no extra cost. Arrrg. Also cool: Zombies, Aliens, Ninjas, Dinosaurs, Vikings, the Noble River Horse, the Sinister Octopi, Robots and Kittens.

Monday, November 08, 2004

Trask Rides Again!

When I was young, I bought a book at a used book store called Space Vikings.
Although it wasn't very long, nor was it very well written, it inspired me more than I could explain. I can't say why, but somehow, this book was an important step in my desire to become a writer. It was high adventure in space and it included Vikings. What's not to love? (Right up there with Zombies, Pirates, Ninjas and Dinosaurs, Vikings are cool) I loved the book when I read it, and I had to share it with others. Long before making all my friends read Fight Club or Eon and Enternity, this was my first big attempt to make a sort of book club.
Unfortunetly, somehow, Space Viking got lost. For the past six years I have searched for this book, with no success. The internet did not yeild any clues as to where I could get it. Until this morning.
One of my housemates happened to have a library of e-books on his computer. Because he networks five or so computers, he has a database on his server, so he can access his file whenever (whereever) he wants. I have access to his server, and on it I found a copy of Space Vikings.
At my lesuire, I can read the document and allow Trask to plunder planets again and again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home