Pirates are Cool.

Captured bits of life... Pirates at no extra cost. Arrrg. Also cool: Zombies, Aliens, Ninjas, Dinosaurs, Vikings, the Noble River Horse, the Sinister Octopi, Robots and Kittens.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Violet Light

Every once in a while, you meet a person who you seem to have some sort of connection with. They are teh kind of person that you could not see for months - years, even - and yet, talk for a while and seemingly be rigt back where you left off. Not every person you meet will be like this. But, maybe its one of the things that makes a good friend.
On my way home, I was surprised to find an old friend standing outside the bus terminal. She was going on the same bus as I was, to my great surprise. It didn't take long before we were discussing the finer points of Heart of Darkness ("The Horror") and it seemed like we were back in the good old days of high school chemistry class... as much as literature relates to diluting acid to increase the school's stock supply... and they said was a lab...
On that wonderful note, my weekend started.
It continued into what was probably one of the best weekends of my life - A new Terry Pratchett novel - finding out I'm an Ontario Scholar - Spedning quality time with family and friends - food - a walk around good old Owen Sound ... it was all great.
I kinsa wish I could do it every weekend, but then, then it wouldn't be as special.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home