Pirates are Cool.

Captured bits of life... Pirates at no extra cost. Arrrg. Also cool: Zombies, Aliens, Ninjas, Dinosaurs, Vikings, the Noble River Horse, the Sinister Octopi, Robots and Kittens.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Every so often

Every once in a while I get this creeping feeling that doesn't go away until I buy a Tragically Hip album. So, the other day, I was feeling some creeping and Trouble at the Henhouse was only ten bucks, so with ten less bucks in my pocket (okay, thirty-four and a half less bucks in my pocket - I bought The Police and The Strokes, too) I was the proud owner of yet one more The Tragically Hip album.

And of course, everytime I buy a The Hip album, I listen to it, and then remember why they are a much-loved Canadian band, and then I remember that Gordon Downie is a genius poet and that, yes, once when I felt the creep, I bought his first solo album instead of a Hip album.

Long story short, Vancouver Divorce is one of the best songs ever. Pretty good musically, but Gordon Downie is probably one of the best contemporary poets to read (and in this case, listen to). I mean, damn, what a good poem/song. I recommend it fully. It's on the album Coke Machine Glow.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home