Pirates are Cool.

Captured bits of life... Pirates at no extra cost. Arrrg. Also cool: Zombies, Aliens, Ninjas, Dinosaurs, Vikings, the Noble River Horse, the Sinister Octopi, Robots and Kittens.

Friday, April 07, 2006

The Acts of the Apostles

I wrote a song last summer that sounded good, but had lame emo words. It's always sort of bothered me that I rushed into those original lyrics, and I've wanted to write something a bit more sunstaintial since, but nothing ever really fit the tune.

I've recently also been playing this little finger picking jam that has been called "The Acts of the Apostles" in my head ever since I started playing it. The words that went with it were "Two men walked by claiming to have preformed a miracle in the name of Jesus Christ" ... like the apostles did in Acts.

Anyway, lo and behold, the two pieces of music fit together so well that they became one song this afternoon. Feeling inspired and thinking its probably time I wrote a song about Jesus anyway (I mean, it had to happen sooner or later), I took a little creative inspiration from Margaret Atwood's Surfacing and came up with the best hook ever: "Jesus is a dead man, up in the sky. Watching over us, all of the time." you'd have to hear it, but its pretty damn catchy if I may say so myself. Plus, I call Jesus a voyeur in the song... sittin' up there... all dead an' watchin' an' stuff...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home