Pirates are Cool.

Captured bits of life... Pirates at no extra cost. Arrrg. Also cool: Zombies, Aliens, Ninjas, Dinosaurs, Vikings, the Noble River Horse, the Sinister Octopi, Robots and Kittens.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Zinc Chef and Art Bar

There was another Iron Chef competition tonight. The forces of good food teamed up, and six mighty dinners were created for the judges. Once again, I only managed to succeed in placing second, however, it was a personal victory, because the first place team was J-4 (who i don't really know) not the girls of J-6, who won the last Iron Chef because it was rigged. Gavin and I, with our cooking team, put them in their place.

Of course, there was a team better than us. My Blackened Pepper Mango Chicken was only worth second in the eyes of the judge, so I do not deserve the title of Iron Chef. Zinc is a lesser metal than Iron, but still worthy (if the simpsons taught us anything), so I shall give myself the title Zinc Chef (plus I think Bender takes the title of "Zinc Saucier" when he wins Iron Chef in Futurama).

In case you've been intruiged by Blackened Pepper Mango Chicken, this is how you make it:

-Chop up some red pepper into small peices, then blacken them in a Cast Iron pan (it makes 'em sweeter, plus they go all dark red with black spots. It looks awesome and tastes great!)

-As your peppers are blackening, take a mango and skin it, then shop it up into bits. Take teh time to eat the meat still attached to the pit, because it tastes good. Put it in a dish, then top the dish off with some freshly squeezed orange juice (or use Old South, that works, too) Add a taste of maple syrup

-leave this in the fridge so the flavours mingle, and go cook some chicken. Gavin and I cooked it on a barbeque.

-When your chicken is almost done, take it off and throw it in your cast iron pan (it's still hot from the peppers, right?) Dump the peppers in with it, and what thehell, chop up some green oinions and add 'em for colour. Then, strain the mangos from the orange juice, and put the orange juice into the pan, too. Then add more orange juice.

-Add black pepper to taste

-The orange juice will simmer down into a quasi-thick good-tasting sauce, and perhaps might soak its way into the chicken a little, too. When you've boiled that orange juice down enought (it turns kinda yellowy-brown), toss in the mangos... they aren't to be cooked, just warmed.

-You were cooking Rice during all this, right? 'Cause you should have been. Slap it down on a plate, fish out one of the chicken breasts, lay that on the rice, then dump some sauce on top of the chicken.

Super easy and it tastes awesome!

For the second "half" of my post, I'll tell you that I played my guitar and sang to mixed reception at the UTAC Art Bar tonight. It was fun, and hopefully some people enjoyed the tunes I played. I believe I will become more involved with these art people - they're pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home