Pirates are Cool.

Captured bits of life... Pirates at no extra cost. Arrrg. Also cool: Zombies, Aliens, Ninjas, Dinosaurs, Vikings, the Noble River Horse, the Sinister Octopi, Robots and Kittens.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Doctor Ox

I went to go and see a stage adaptation of Jules Verne's The Experiment of Doctor Ox tonight. To tell you the truth, I'm not entierly sure that is the original name of the text, but that's what the play is called. It was a charming story, and I must admit I rather enjoyed it. It wasn't the greatest of plays, but I've personally been in much worse (*coff*Hamlet cha cha cha*un-coff*). There were a number of scenes where the narrator (an excellent character - who was indeed sort of doctor Ox himself - same actor) spoke of the odd effects of Doctor Ox's experiment. Essentially, the most boring town in the world becomes filled with passion - not only the people, but even the animals and the plants! There is one rather humorous scene where a sheep pulls a knife on a shepherd and they proceed to have a knife fight.

The sheep pulled a knife on the shepherd!

I mean, c'mon, how is that not awesome?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home