Pirates are Cool.

Captured bits of life... Pirates at no extra cost. Arrrg. Also cool: Zombies, Aliens, Ninjas, Dinosaurs, Vikings, the Noble River Horse, the Sinister Octopi, Robots and Kittens.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

A success

Tonight at the REZ-olution open mic teh Singapore Noodles played. That's be the band that is half my house. It nearly didn't happen. We spent the afternoon seething in anger and shouting at each-other. It however appears that since we held no bars during our argument and came through it with a sort of new understanding, we managed to play successfully. Ryan thought it was band on. For my part, I think the others did well under the circumstances. Mike played the guitar very well for having pnemonia, ryan hit the bass just fine and Dan the drummer whom I have never met played just fine for a)not having had much practice at all and b)not being able to hear anything during the show. My singing was far from on form, but I'll defend myself and say I couldn't hear what I was doing.
We pulled out the old spoken word tricks and I read the audience a newspaper article about Dan Brown.
A lot of people stopped us to say they enjoyed the set. This is good, but I think I cna do better.

However, I played solo tonight as well. For this preformance I feel I did well. I hit the notes, my voice didn't break like it did at the last open mic and things were sung clearly. Afterwards, people said they liked my stuff, which was heartening, and I was asked to play at the art show on april sixth. So, if you happen to be in Scarborough area on the sixth, you can see me play. Hurrah! With my newfound confidence, perhaps, I endevour to say, it won't suck?

1 Comments:

  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger Leslie Puiras said…

    heyy congratulations.. I would loveto hear you guys play.. i'll come next time if i can!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home