Pirates are Cool.

Captured bits of life... Pirates at no extra cost. Arrrg. Also cool: Zombies, Aliens, Ninjas, Dinosaurs, Vikings, the Noble River Horse, the Sinister Octopi, Robots and Kittens.

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Where have all the punk rockers gone?

I'm a little dissapointed. There was a good old fashioned indie-loud-enough-to-make-your-ears-bleed-rock show at the Res Center tonight. The bands were your typical local bands, the first one was okay, the second one was pretty damn good and third one we walked out on ...

Then what was so dissapointing? Well, it was a punk show, but there were very few punks.
"The Weirdies" as some would call them were all there, and also the "Nerd-Sluts" of E-1 and as a matter of fact, that was about it. There were a few random people like Bulgaria (that's not his name, its where he's from -- Can't remember his name for the life of me), but other than them, my roomate Ryan and I, there was a whole lot of a lack of punk rockers at the punk rock show.

My mind drifted home more than a few times during the show. I thought about the giant skanking circles at the Sauble battle of the bands -- and, ahhh... my first Mosh Pit at the same venue. Getting my face jumped on by Aaron Zorgel of Kostanza, Rocking out harder than anybody else in the middle of the Riddalin Junkys. None of this was to be had at the Res Center.

I was, understandably, somewhat upset with the lack of awesomeness. Scarborough just isn't a punk town, I guess.

The only redeeming factors were "Dear Jane, I..." an excellent Hard Rock Indie band and the feeling of your ears being cloged with wax.

Nothing like a nasty q-tip to remind you what Indie Rock is all about...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home