Pirates are Cool.

Captured bits of life... Pirates at no extra cost. Arrrg. Also cool: Zombies, Aliens, Ninjas, Dinosaurs, Vikings, the Noble River Horse, the Sinister Octopi, Robots and Kittens.

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

That's Kosher!

Because the [food] laws are so comprehensive, observant Jews need to know what is in commercially packaged foods ... There are two large supervisory bodies whose insiginia -- a small K or U in a circle -- are are particularily omnipresent on package labels. They can often be found on such unexpected foodstuffs as Easter eggs and Chocolate Santa Clauses.
It took me a minute, as a Christian, to really understand this passage from World Religions: Western Traditions as edited by Willard T. Oxtoby... but when it dawned on me, I laughed. I mean, it's a little absurd when you think about it. I always wondered what the U on my easter bunny meant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home