Pirates are Cool.

Captured bits of life... Pirates at no extra cost. Arrrg. Also cool: Zombies, Aliens, Ninjas, Dinosaurs, Vikings, the Noble River Horse, the Sinister Octopi, Robots and Kittens.

Saturday, October 02, 2004

A weekend trip to York

As you may or may not know, A lot of my friends attend York University. And as you can probably gather from my not-so-aptley named post "It's hammer Time", I went to this place this weekend.

In the end, it made me homesick.

But that doesn't mean I didn't have a good time. It just means I was forced to accept just how much I miss all my friends. Oddly enough, going home wouldn't solve anything, because my friends would still be gone. So Is it really homesickness? That's immaterial. I'm not really an emo kid, I just dress kinda like one sometimes, so I'm not going to dwell on it.
It all started off when my roomate and I went to the Go station to wait for his girlfriend. She beat us there. I missed my bus ... hehehe I don't know why, but I find that incredibly amusing ... So I caught the next one. They come evey half hour. It cost me four bucks, but I got to York in less than an hour (as opposed to the more than three hours home on the TTC -- but thats another story)
Candice told me she was going to try and meet me there, but when I got off the bus, she wasn't there. 'Whatever,' I say to myself. 'I'll find my way.' I had been talking to J-Bo earleir in the week, and he had given me directions to Tatham Hall, so I started out the way he said to go... and ran across a map of the campus. Damn that J-Bo! He got it backwards! Or so I thought at the time...

York is big and stupid.

Big because 45,000 students go there. Stupid because their maps are backwards. The top of the map, the part you'd expect to be infront of you, well, guess what... It's actually behind. For once, J-bo's instructions help up under scrutiny... or, at least they pointed me in the right direction and road signs helped me out in the end.

So after getting lost at York I got to Luke's room, only to find that he was out scouring the campus for me. His roommate, Rab, let me in.
Later that daym Luke and I argued over who's roommate would win in a fight, mine or his. Definetly mine.
After a bunch of haning out and wandering around campus and at one point eating, Lucas, Candice, a girl who I had just met named Casie and I decided to go to the movies. Movies friken rule, yo. On the way I ran into T-Banks... ahh, camp...
And thus we went... after much deliberation, we decieded that Shawn of the Dead started too late and we didn't want to see ... uhh... mr. 3000, I think... so, we saw Ladder 49, the fireman movie. I'll get into that in a later post (the same one that'll descripe my TTC ride home). I will, however, say that any movie with Joaquin Pheonix AND Robert Patrick is the shit. Robert Patrick is one of my most favourite actors. It was actually a very good fireman movie.
After that, we hung out at luke's dorm room (It was fuckin' HUGE.. we had more'n eight people just chillin out, lying on the floor and sitting on chairs and shit) with some people, one of whom was named Tim. He was a pretty cool guy.
The reason I mention Tim is that the next morning, at breafast, somebody made a "Your Mom" joke... Normally they're pretty pathetic, but then HE said "Your Queen Mom!" Its funny because he's American! I just about died laughing, but then I saw J-Bo.
Yes, J-Bo was at york and not at home and I got to hang out with him for a while. It was freakin' sweet.
More to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home