Pirates are Cool.

Captured bits of life... Pirates at no extra cost. Arrrg. Also cool: Zombies, Aliens, Ninjas, Dinosaurs, Vikings, the Noble River Horse, the Sinister Octopi, Robots and Kittens.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

A Lame Life Goal

If you set your standards low, you're more likely to succeed - I don't mean this in a bad way, like, "as long as I pass I'm happy," I mean it in a sort of posative way. Lets take, for example, some of my life goals. The big ones are things like 'publish a novel,' 'become a teacher', stuff like that. Not easy, but certainly achievable. More achievable than 'make sixteen million dollars' would be.
Which brings me to my small time life goals - things like 'get my name on the five year staff member plaque at Presqu'ile' (two more years to go) and 'see Sloan preform The Other Man live' ... oh wait, I saw Sloan for free yesterday, and they played The Other Man as an encore. One more life goal checked off. Yes! I feel so accomplished. The concert wasn't that great, I mean, it's sloan so I wouldn't have payed for it. But, for free, I'm not complaining. Controller Controller opened. I was down with that. Good times, free concert, lame life goal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home