Pirates are Cool.

Captured bits of life... Pirates at no extra cost. Arrrg. Also cool: Zombies, Aliens, Ninjas, Dinosaurs, Vikings, the Noble River Horse, the Sinister Octopi, Robots and Kittens.

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

My Professors think they're funny... Oh wait, they are.

So, we were discussing ideology in Metaphyiscs this morning, and Berkley's concept of reality came up (after all, that's what the lecture was on). Berkley says that we all experience things the same way because God controls our Perception... He's like Descarte's Evil Genuis (At least, I think it was descatre who said that... ) The object we preceive don't really exist, just the implanted perceptiosn taht God gives us. One of my fellow students (Can I say under-grads? It makes me feel important) said "If God is omnipotent, why doesn't he just create a beach and hang out there all day? It's got to be more fun than controliong all perception."
I, feeling smart, replied "If he's omnipotent, why can't he do both at the same time?"
Then, Seager pipes in "Yes, that's right. God's Wireless."

But that wasn't the end, oh no. I went to Garry Leonard's intro to 20th Century Lit lecture right afterwards. This is probably the funniest prof ever, and is most likely the evil twin of my high school english teacher.
We were, that is to say, Professor Leonard was talking about Heart of Darkness... It was another hour-long five minute introduction to a video clip (he's the king of tangents). "What is an apology?" He says. "'I'm sorry I took your pen.'" he used as an example for an apology. His lecture turned towards the reactions you get out of an apology. "What am I supposed to do with 'Sorry'? Write with it?"

... I guess you had to be there ...

CO+CA ... Seven Days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home