Pirates are Cool.

Captured bits of life... Pirates at no extra cost. Arrrg. Also cool: Zombies, Aliens, Ninjas, Dinosaurs, Vikings, the Noble River Horse, the Sinister Octopi, Robots and Kittens.

Friday, April 08, 2005

Pure Astrosludge

Last night I went to go see a concert with a couple of friends. The band in question was The Kills, and I had never heard any of their music before, so I didn't really know what to expect. I knew that there was a man and a woman and a drum machine, and that was the make-up of the band. I was somewhat shocked as they walked out on stage, as the guy looked a heck of a lot like my uncle sean. He was a rock and roll machine from foreign lands, though, not my uncle.
I'm going to go ahead and say that it was an enjoyable show. It was loud. It was intense. The drum tracks were cool. I'm not sure how to describe the music that was played. It sounded like metal. Not Metal as if in the genre, but it sounded metalic. Like, if my high school machine shop was music, this would be it. The gritty guitar and feedback provided the sludgey feeling, and the metalic tinge the futuristic element - thus, The Kills gets defined as Astrosludge, a new genre that my roommate and I are defining in musical culture.
Then we walked down queen's street looking cool with our indie rock attire. Such is the life...

1 Comments:

  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger ProdigyBoy said…

    That was a really good show. Packed too. I just fell upon your page in hunt for some pictures. Mine were pretty fuzzy but the camera ppl ahead of me had got some great shots.

    "astrosludge" hehe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home