Pirates are Cool.

Captured bits of life... Pirates at no extra cost. Arrrg. Also cool: Zombies, Aliens, Ninjas, Dinosaurs, Vikings, the Noble River Horse, the Sinister Octopi, Robots and Kittens.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

This life: stay sharp, tobaggan.

I just found a dude on the internet was file sharing a promo CD full of new singles. Not that it was ever fading, but my hope for good new music in this year of our lord twenty aught five has been sufficently bolstered to make me excited... or more excited than I was.
When I first heard the new System of a Down song (B.Y.O.B.) I didn't really like it. But the first time I heard System of a Down, I hated it, so I kind of expected this. Toxicity, with its awesome melody roped me in, and it opened the door for me, it allowed me to hear what System of a Down was doing with their music - and look at me now, I've got their poster on the wall. Everytime I listen to this song, I like it a bit more. Something tells me that I'm going to really enjoy the new albums from System of a Down this year.
I was even more excited to find the new Dave Matthews Band single, American Baby, on this guy's file list. Dave Matthews Band is, incidently, another band I hated at first. I don't know why, because they just might be one of the most talented groups of musicians in operation today. Recently (no pun intended), the released a live album called "The Central Park Concert." This album met mixed reviews, some people didn't like it, others did. The reason behind this? Well, I think it has something to do with the fact that DMB's sound was changing, and some people didn't like the new edge that it had. Personally, I loved it, and I though it was one of their strongest live releases to date. I also said, "Mark my words, the next albums is going to be something different, and something awesome." Thus far, it looks like my phrophecy is coming true.
As it turns out, Audioslave is putting out a new album soon as well. I liked Audioslave, but I didn't love them. I did not like the song Like a Stone all that much, and it got severly overplayed. They were never one of my favourite bands, but I like them enough to say that I'll probably buy the new album when it comes out. The new track off of that album, Be Yourself, is freaking awesome. It makes me wonder if it will be reflective of the whole album. If so, well, good times abound.
Lastly comes Weezer, with the new single Beverly Hills from their upcoming fifth album. This song, I'm don't even know what to say. Once again, weezer has departed from their previous album. The sound is different. I don't know how they shange up the style and still stay so distinctively weezer, but they do it. I'm not sure about this one yet. I think that they have mushc stronger songs. However, weezer had been known release their weaker songs as singles for some reason or another. I still love weezer and I do highyl anticipate the new album.
The story behind all this? There isn't one. I'm just procrastinating.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you've got good taste in music :)..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home