Pirates are Cool.

Captured bits of life... Pirates at no extra cost. Arrrg. Also cool: Zombies, Aliens, Ninjas, Dinosaurs, Vikings, the Noble River Horse, the Sinister Octopi, Robots and Kittens.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

I'll listen to you talk the whole night through

Right now I'm listening to Mer de Noms and hearing it like I've never heard it before. The music is playing directly to me right now, and it is quite possibly one of the most amasing experiences I've ever had with a CD I've owned for years. The music is entierly different from the last time - any time - I listened to it. And it is something wonderful. It is taking me somewhere great, and I almost wish it wouldn't end.

I can't even articulate what it's like, really.

What brought this about? Is it my mood? I had a discussion tonight with Jan, and he said that you could take Maynards song titles and use them to cover the whole range of human emotion. Like, "I'm feeling very 3 Libras today". And if you listen to Tool and APC, you know exactly what this person means. It is very true, I realised, once Jan told me this. It inspired me to throw on Mer De Noms, and that was it. What sort of album ends with a huge violin building up to a climax of -- nothing. The track and the CD are just over. There is some underlying genius behind this music. And what it is, I can't say, but I can tell you this:
I'm definetly feeling very Thomas today. Maybe a little Outsider, but definetly Thomas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home