Pirates are Cool.

Captured bits of life... Pirates at no extra cost. Arrrg. Also cool: Zombies, Aliens, Ninjas, Dinosaurs, Vikings, the Noble River Horse, the Sinister Octopi, Robots and Kittens.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Notes about recent life

So I played at an open mic the other night. Things didn't go as well as they could have, perhaps, but enought happened that it has solidified my spirit and I will return to the stage with dignity even if there is not very much grace involved. My singing was off, as I expected it would be. It appears that all my practicing could not cause me to avoid this. Alas, I still played. Next time perhaps I will play some songs that I have more confindence in. The Orpheus Progression, a much loved tune, but difficult for me to sing in the best of conditions. Alas, so it goes.

(A side note to version Two-Point-Oh: I unfortunetly had to leave before the Dead Elm Society of Canada. I also missed You Know Him. Sad times, but the University of Toronto at Scarborough is a long haul from York)

This morining I was viciously attacked by a migraine and had to miss mythology - which pissed me off because we were learning the Myths of Argos and we were supposed to watch a clip from Clash of the Titans. Ah well... next time I guess.

By a twist of fate, my OSAP has still not arrived, so I am living the poor life, but eating surprisingly well. I went to my brother's house yesterday and we did a bunch of nothing - lazed about and feasted upon the gourmet food that he did provide. We had tomato soup and tuna melts for lunch and roast for dinner. It kicked ass, partly becuase it tasted good, partly because I didn't have to cook it and partly because I didn't have to clean up, either. In retrospect, I probably should have helped Kevin out with the dishes, but... well, you know. There were also video games played and some episodes of CSI watched.

I have a quiz on the gospels of Matthew and Luke tomorrow. I guess I should get back to that Oxford New Revised Standard Version Bible (College Edition).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home