Pirates are Cool.

Captured bits of life... Pirates at no extra cost. Arrrg. Also cool: Zombies, Aliens, Ninjas, Dinosaurs, Vikings, the Noble River Horse, the Sinister Octopi, Robots and Kittens.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

When Metallica walks on stage....

I think it had to be one of the strangest dreams I ever had. I was at a concert that was in a venue that looked suspiciously like the ARC. the lineup was simple: Metallica, Wax Mannequin and The Constantines. Funny that Metallica should open for wax, but whatever. Various things occured that are blurry, but eventualy Metallica walked out on stage, and imediatly somebody shouted out a request for a song from '77... which really makes no sense if you know anything about metallica. After promptly promising to play it later, the guys from metallica took a seat in the stands and the lead singer guy fell asleep on stage, and nobody woudl wake him up to start the concert. Then the other band members starting making fun of wax mannequin - despite the fact that they were opening for him.
Eventually I went and picked up the bass guitar that Metallica guy was sleeping under and played a cool line, and then the dream shifted to me at my computer after the concert was over, looking at bootlegs i coudl download. Somehow, Mike and I had managed to play a few songs - only, other artists helped us out. Flea and Carter Beaufort played Oldwood with us. It sounded awesome!
Alas, it was just a dream. If only Flea would come play bass for my band.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I still can't believe you didn't let me jam with you onstage James....I am shocked and apauled...:P

     
  • At 2:52 AM, Blogger James said…

    Listen - It was a dream and you weren't there. If it's any consolation, read my dream carefully and see that I don't actually remember jamming onstage myself. I wish I did... Flea and Carter Beaufort!? That would have been awesome!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home