Pirates are Cool.

Captured bits of life... Pirates at no extra cost. Arrrg. Also cool: Zombies, Aliens, Ninjas, Dinosaurs, Vikings, the Noble River Horse, the Sinister Octopi, Robots and Kittens.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

This is the end my friend, my only friend, the end

What did you do on your last night on residence?
Well, I walked down to the PetroCan with Jack and got some A&W. Then I played some computer games.

Lame? Maybe. But whatever. I'll be back in four months time to cause some more trouble. Perhaps I'll try and stir things up a little in this end of the city? But, well, whatever, what comes will come.

I feel like I should lay the smack down on some nostalgia right about now, but to tell you the honest truth, I've had enough nostalgia for one week. I've been in contact with a few old friends from high school that I haven't talked to in ages (a year... two ... depending on who you ask). And you know what? It was alright. Always good to hear from old friends.

However, I can barely resist doing a little bit of a year in review. Some highlights include:
  • Seeing Sloan for free
  • The Mardi Gras Party
  • Russle Morton Brown's Lectures on the Bible and Literature
  • Brewing our own J-1 Beer ... ahh, Brüe
  • The approximately ten times I saw Barn Owl preform (awesome)
  • Making Ishmael with Candice and Luke
  • A Waltz in the shadows of El Dorado (all I'll say is that bottle of rum got me in more trouble than any bottle has any right to)
  • Becoming the Zinc Saucier
  • Gavin's Revenge (the maple leaf). And his hate list.
  • The "Harry Potter Incident"
  • The Wiz, the entire weekend of the Wiz, and thusly the friendship with Version 2.0. In fact...
  • Seeing Low live with J-bo and Version 2.0 (among others) ... my favourite concert of the year
  • The Ice Fortress
  • West Hill Allumni celebrations (wax mannequin in the fall, Plus the new years party back home)
  • "Fuck you you fucking Plate don't fuck you're cuping cup fuck at me ass hole" [Green vomit]
  • Bustin' into the indie rock scene with The Singapore Noodles
  • Of course the last Fossil Night of the year, with Chittka's antics

Of course, I've left out everything important. I'd say the best part of the year in general was living with Paul, Rayn and Gavin. It was good times. Too bad none of them are living on res next year. Looks like new adventures for me in the future. The question is, who will have to put up with me next year ... ?

2 Comments:

  • At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i made the list! yeeaaaaahhh!
    i have to say, seeing the wiz at a high school in owen sound was by far the best birthday gift i have received in a long time. or maybe it was just the band we saw after, i dunno, that was pretty super fantastic.

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Leslie Puiras said…

    haha that was a good time.


    HEY SMELLY (james).. You should be home in wiarton by now. What the FECK? Give me a call at the beach. I mean it. 422-3790. yah. i don't care who knows it. I won't be living here for a lot longer anyway.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home